Change AOL Mail Password to something stronger and harder to deduce if you suspect your account has been hacked, or want your AOL password to be something you can easily remember. When it becomes time for a change the current password makes the change in the information screen of your AOL account.
Change Your AOL Mail Password in a Web Browser
Using a web browser on your computer, to change your AOL Mail account password:
- Open an internet browser, then log in to AOL with your current AOL username or phone number and password.
- To open your account information tab, click on your name (located in the top-right corner of the screen).
- Go to the tab at left and select Account Security.
- Go to the section How you sign in and choose Change password.
- Enter a new password in New password and confirm new text boxes for password, then choose Continue.
- Select a password which is both difficult to know and easy to remember.
- If the username looks good, immediate change is made. You are given the opportunity to add an email address for recovery or a phone number for recovery which is desired but not required.
Change your AOL Mail password
You can change your password directly in the app if you are using the AOL app to access your AOL mail on your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad.
- Tap the AOL button on your Home screen for iOS phones.
- Choose the Settings button (it is in the lower right corner of the screen).
- Go to the Help section, and tap the Dashboard for privacy.
- Select the tab “Your Account.”
- If you are not signed in, click the See your account data tab, and sign in to continue with your AOL passwords.
- Click Your Account and scroll down.
- When requested enter your AOL username.
- Go to the section on your account, and select Edit Account Info.
- Tap the 3 horizontal-line menu icon. Select Account Security on the Personal Info screen.
- Change AOL Email Password
- Tap on the password field and enter a new password in the two fields requesting it.
- Go to Click.
- A confirmation screen that displays fields for a recovery email and phone number for recovery. Input the details about recovery (optional), and tap Looks good or Completed to finish.
Tips for Choosing and Using a New Password
- Long passwords are more difficult to crack than short passwords but also more difficult to remember.
- Use two numbers or more, or use special characters.
- If you can remember their placement, add these at the start and end of your sentence or phrase, or in the middle.
- Hold the simple consistency. If you have to write your password down, you lose a huge amount of your security
- Change your default password. That is a good exercise every three or six months.
AOL requires eight letters or more in a password and recommends the use of special characters such as! @ #, %, but these are not required.
Call AOL Customer Care Number +1-866-257-5356
Even if you use strong Change AOL Password and regularly change it, they don’t shield you from viruses and malware on your computer or someone looking over your shoulder as you type in your password. Run anti-virus software regularly and when accessing your mail in public settings, be aware of your surroundings.